randgen team mailing list archive

Re: MariaDB patches

Hi Elena,

>>> http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~**elenst/randgen/mariadb-**
>>> patches/revision/874<http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~elenst/randgen/mariadb-patches/revision/874>
>>>

>> Although I agree with this fix in principle, I'm hesitant to accept it
>> since it affects a vast number of existing tests.
>>

> OK, will not be merged, your choice.

I am for having this merged.

Not having things like --default-storage-engine=myisam
seems like a very good idea.

I realize this may cause a few more issues for oracle ppl
(new issues to deal with), but this will only go to improving
the overall quality of MySQL? I am also not sure how many
issues would effectively show (and they could be dealt with
over time in a distributed fashion).

Just my limited opinion.

--

Kind Regards,