randgen team mailing list archive

Re: MariaDB patches

Hi Roel,

On 6/20/2013 3:40 AM, Roel Van de Paar wrote:
Hi Elena,

On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 9:24 AM, Elena Stepanova
<elenst@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:elenst@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    On 6/20/2013 1:46 AM, Bernt Marius Johnsen wrote:

        On 06/19/2013 01:42 AM, Elena Stepanova wrote:

            ------------------------------__-------------
            874: Minimize the number of non-default startup options
            http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~__elenst/randgen/mariadb-__patches/revision/874
            <http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~elenst/randgen/mariadb-patches/revision/874>

        Although I agree with this fix in principle, I'm hesitant to
        accept it
        since it affects a vast number of existing tests.

    OK, will not be merged, your choice.

I am for having this merged.

Not having things like --default-storage-engine=myisam
seems like a very good idea.

I understand :)

But I'm going to take the most cautious approach. It's quite cumbersome to have the same tree shared between several projects, and I certainly don't want to disrupt somebody's work. So, if there's at least one voice against a change, I won't merge it into the main tree.

All changes, big or small, are public, so whoever wants to use them, can do so any time.

/E

I realize this may cause a few more issues for oracle ppl
(new issues to deal with), but this will only go to improving
the overall quality of MySQL? I am also not sure how many
issues would effectively show (and they could be dealt with
over time in a distributed fashion).

Just my limited opinion.

--

Kind Regards,