Re: Section linkage views

Hey,

On 04/15/2011 10:57 PM, Alan Elkner wrote:
Tom,

I didn't use a sentence because I was struggling with punctuation,
mostly commas, when one says, for example,  "in term, Term1, for
course, Math.'  I believe it is the convention in English to use the
commas like that, but then again, I'm not an expert.  Anyway, other
languages may have different conventions, commas or not, so what can
one do to create strings that are translatable and still make sense
when broken up and put back together.  I guess I can solve this by
creating the message string in python, using a translatable format
string.  I was just trying to do more in the page template as Justas
had suggested, but page templates don't have translatable format
strings. I'll just do it in python.

  Just a short note - tal does allow that.

    Click "Extend" to create a linked section in term
    "<tal:block i18n:name="from_term_title" content="term/@@title" />"
    containing the students and instructors from section
    "<tal:block i18n:name="section_title" content="section/@@title" />"
    in term
    "<tal:block i18n:name="to_term_title" content="other_term/@@title" />"

If you run make compile-translations, you'll see a message in schooltool.pot (this is what our translators see):

Click "Extend" to create a linked section in term ${from_term_title} containing the students and instructors from section ${section_title} in term ${to_term_title}.

Cheers,
Justas