Re: Nvidia/Intel switching and energy saving

Norbert Preining schrieb:

  when I have gnome running, but all wireless modules turned off with
  rfkill switches and running only powertop with all suggestions I come
  down to
	~10W with Intel card
	~12W with nVidia card

Could you please post the brightness setting as well? That would help comparing the results, as the backlight is one of the top power consumers.

On my system, I come as low as 9 W after calling "xbacklight -set 5" (5% is pretty low, but sufficient indoors).

A somewhat weird thing is that I get this low value only if wlan is powered on and running. After shutting sony-wifi down, power consumption goes up by ~1 W! - Can anybody explain this behaviour??

Greetings,
Bernd

--
Bernd Eggink