Re: Ubuntu 10.10 (Maverick Meerkat) Alpha 3

Hi

On 15/09/10 18:29, Jean-Francois Mathiot wrote:
 2) disabled the RAID feature from the BIOS (install raid software or
 lvm...or nothing :-) )

 You can use Raid-0. I've used the ubuntu 10.04 server install CD with dmraid
 support and all went pretty well (just had to replace grub2 with grub1 [1])
 and then "upgrade" to desktop installing ubuntu-desktop metapackage and some
 more stuff.
Also did that (Advanced CD fro RAID then Desktop version), but Grub2 is working
fine with RAID module. Why did you have to replace it with grub1 ?

I had problems installing grub2 having /boot in a raid-0, that's why I used grub-legacy (v1.x).

 [1]
 https://help.ubuntu.com/community/FakeRaidHowto#Live%20CD%20Installation%20%28Ubiquity%20graphical%20installer%29

 3) update grub to add the i8042.nopnp option (mouse + keyboard issue)

 right. And "i8042.reset i8042.nomux i8042.noloop" look to help to achieve
 stability.
Cool, I missed these, thanks Nacho ! Mouse+keyboard are not very stable when
wake up after hibernation. I'll try that.

in my case hibernation and suspend is fine with nvidia, but quite buggy with intel (using actual patches for kernel). Any other experiences would be appreciated ;)

regards

--

N.