Re: RAID 0 disks configuration

Hi

Do you have the 1920*1080 display? I've seen comments that the lower
resolution display gave problems. I don't know if that still applies though.
Regards
Rutger

Op 5 okt 2010 06:40 schreef "Matteo Carminati" <carminati.matteo@xxxxxxxxx>:

Dear Rutger, dear all,

I spent all the day trying to make (at least one of) the graphic cards
working properly, but I failed: I still have random colors, even if X
seems to work correctly =(

- I updated the system to the last version of all the packages: no
problems with it, but it was useless;
- I tried to boot with the grub.cfg file posted by K.Posern
(https://lists.launchpad.net/sony-vaio-z-series/msg01588.html), but I
think it works only for a non-RAID configuration and I do not know how
to modify it for my system (add "set gfxpayload=text" seems not to be
enough);
- Last I tried to install grub1, but again I had some problems and I
had to get back to grub2.

I'm wondering why I'm having these problems if Ubuntu 10.10 + grub2
works without particoular problems to other users.
Do I have to install any particoular package? In which position must
be the graphic switch? Should I boot windows before linux?

I hope someone can help me, I'm quite sad about this situation: having
a great computer and cannot exploit all its features is really bad.
Thank you all again for the support!

Best regards,
Matteo