Re: new testing release of sony-laptop-zseries 0.9np8pre3

To be honest, I used a vacuum cleaner at highest power setting. However
you have to be VERY careful (often, the tip of the cleaner gets "sucked
on" to the surface of your mainboard or similar parts. Definitely don't
want to recommend this to anyone since s really ad which iit might have
some risk of touching some of your more sensitive hardware with the raw
end of a vacuum cleaner... But I have heared, that "canned air" can aso
be quite adequate for this task.

And you are right, Joel: never clean one of the fans without blocking
them... I used a small screwdriver to block the fan from rotating...
obviously it was good enough to avoid any extra voltage on the mainboard.

To open the machine, I used some maintenance manual that I found online.
It was really a big help to have this guide when opening the device
(some hidden dents inside the case where explained in a helpful way...),
good to have some of these guides at hand when it comes to the point of
opening a laptop!

good luck,
Carlchristian