Re: [Call For Spreading The Word] StartUbuntu in your Local/Native Language

On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 5:41 AM, Ang Jinhang <angjinhang@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> So...just make some posts in my native language on my social networks?
> That easy?

This is the 'minimum' we can do :)

Please, see this:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StartUbuntu/Activities#Introduction

If someone has a blog and/or a website, that would be even better. Some of
us here have no website nor a blog (even though having a blog is so much
easier than anything else) so asking them to build a website and/or a blog
might be time consuming and time is the only factor that we are trying to
beat so hard. So, to be reasonable, if someone is ACTIVE on the Social
Media and can indeed spread the word (not just one post, you need to follow
up and interact with others - keep sharing every now and then), then that
is the minimum we could do.

Using the hash tag is very helpful so whether you are on Twitter, Google+
or Facebook, you can just use: #StartUbuntu
This will help to spread the word much easier and faster ;)

For me? when I want to push a certain message for my team (say Ubuntu GNOME
or Lubuntu), I don't just post a link, this is lifeless :D
I try to add some fun and action to my posts to make it interesting for the
readers. Not everytime it works but it does work most of the time :)

Social Media can play a good role in our campaign of spreading the word.

So, while some members of StartUbuntu Team is working hard to get
StartUbuntu Website up and running, others can help to spread the word else
where.

Forums could be a great way too. I have made a post on Ubuntu Forums about
StartUbuntu:

And on LXDE Forum too:
http://forum.lxde.org/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=36448

Please, don't start a new thread neither on Ubuntu Forums nor LXDE Forum.
There is a thread already. Duplicating is not going to help at all.
However, if you are a member of some other forums, it would be great to
spread the word over there :)

Some are members of some LoCo Teams. That is another great way too.

If you have a car, you can Print a Page and "Say Goodbye Windows XP, Hello
Linux" :D No, I am not trying to be silly nor funny, I am trying to think
loudly and any thing that could help, don't think twice, just do it :)

THANK YOU everyone for your interest and help!

Best Regards,