Re: Debian ISO

Den 2016-04-29 kl. 16:33, skrev Israel:
Hi Nio,
This is something odd for sure.
I have sent 230 to build.
This *should* fix the no swap problem
Let me know how it goes, I will be busy for a while

On 04/29/2016 08:33 AM, Nio Wiklund wrote:
... and hi once more,

I tried to repeat the case, when the ToriOS installer could find the
previous operating systems and list them in the grub menu. But I am
sorry, I failed. I tried to repeat everything with slight variations,
but it does not work. I think I used the same hardware and
configuration at least once, so it seems there was a 'positive
glitch'. Maybe there is some timing problem, a race condition or
similar, that causes this problem.

-o-

Finally I tried installing at the basic OBI level (to the whole
drive), and it worked well :-)

Tested no-swap again.

The first bug is still there: the 'No_swap' entry in the menu does nothing (cannot reset from a selected swap partition to no swap).

After installation I discovered:

1. This time the system discovered the other installed system and added entries for it in the grub menu. (Single case or repeatable now?)

2. The swap entry in /etc/fstab is commented away, like it should be - this was the important bug, and you squashed it :-) The dead 'No_swap' entry in the menu is a minor bug.

-o-

This looks promising. I intend to do some testing tomorrow too, but I think and hope there is no show-stopping bug right now. Please be very careful with changes in the code now.