Re: The Technical Side of ToriOS

On 05/22/2014 08:56 PM, Nio Wiklund wrote:
Hi everybody,

Hello Nio :)
See the comments inline

2014-05-22 16:24, Hylas De niall skrev:
Count me in for graphics work if you need things like wallpapers etc.
:-)

As
i mentioned i'm not a coder or translator sadly.
As to the points raised above, i would say this (my preference)

Base it on 14.04 - most folk, even on old machines would want the latest
and greatest
-1

I think there are reasons to start with 12.04 LTS. There are old
computers, that work better with the older drivers.

I'm so happy that we're (me and you) thinking the exact same way :D hehe

YES to the 12 month release cycle. Folk coming from XP would be shocked
at the amt of reinstalls/system updates on Linux.
+1

4 (+1) so far :D

Suggest try as hard as possible to keep the iso 'CD-sized' for old machines.
+1

Good :D

Is Sourceforge still a good site to host it? I nderstand they're fine
unless your file is 1gig and over.
I'd suggest just Alpha, Beta, RC and Release versioning.
+1

Thank you :)

I have been thinking about ToriOS identity (and snagged the 1920x1920
png final logo) and would like to suggest the use of the Japanese
White-Eye songbird as a possible base for wallpaper designs (or even
logo if the team decide to change the existing one).

Also a couple of questions from me:
1) Is it still decided to use IceWM (if so i could look into how to
theme it).
2) Are the colours used in the final logo final colours that i should
use in any designs i do?
3) What is the typeface used in the logo?

Cheers!