Re: Testing ToriOS Pre-Alpha

2014-06-09 00:03, Israel skrev:
> On 06/08/2014 11:15 AM, Ali Linx wrote:

> Hi Ali,
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> @Jorn and Nio
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I do need some instructions ASAP in order to spread the word by
>>> creating a post on our news section.
>>>
>>> Please do provide that ASAP and keep it as simple and short as
>>> possible :)
>>
>> I have published this:
>> http://torios.org/news/torios-pre-alpha-is-coming-very-soon/
>>
>> Now, I'm waiting for short and simple instructions and/or details to
>> test the Pre-Alpha ISO of ToriOS :)
>>
> This is not for public testing.  Simply download the ISO file (or
> both).  Open Virtual Box, and make a new Ubuntu machine, make the ISO
> file the IDE device as well as Live CD, and install.
> Then remove the ISO as the IDE device and test.
> It is a very standard setup in Virtual Box.  If you have used Virtual
> Box before, then this is very simple to try.  If you haven't I can maybe
> upload a VM that you can try, though I'd like to tweak it so it seems
> more like ToriOS first.
> I have been tweaking JWM on my running system to get a theme similar to
> the Website.  (same colors, etc..)
>
> We do need to choose some art related things somewhat soon (Icon theme,
> fonts, colors, etc...)  JWM is rather particular about the way the icons
> are searched out, and used (no SVG)
>

>>> This should attract more people to join and help and this is for
>>> everyone within or outside ToriOS to know that this project is not
>>> dead and it is active :)
>>>
>>> Thank you, my friends for all the hard work ... really appreciate
>>> that :)
>>>

>> Looking forward for your email :)
>>
>> Thank you!

Hi Ali,

Are Israel's brief instructions here enough to test these pre-alpha iso
files of ToriOS? - I think so, at least together with the two emails
referred below.

I think it is enough at this early stage, because it is very
straight-forward to download and test them

1 - the iso file made with Jörn's scripts

2 - the iso file made with 9w.

I have tested them in a few different computers (with and without
virtualisation).

I also refer to my emails dated

2014-05-30 21:31

Before you start writing some kind of manual for these iso files, please
try them yourself (I'm pretty sure both versions will work for you) and
re-consider what kind of instructions are necessary. I think we should
improve the product itself at this stage

- add some software packages
- make it look like ToriOS