Re: Testing ToriOS Pre-Alpha (was: Re: Wiki and Documentation)

>On 06/08/2014 05:32 PM, Israel wrote:
>> Hi
>>>
>>> ..... do I have to sit and watch? the answer is BIG NO. I don't really
>>> want anyone to sit and watch. Since there is no testing yet ........
>>>
>> Actually there is some testing you can do.
>> From Nio:
>>
>> https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B46yhFQuJvfPZzZ6aThReldScWs&usp=sharing
>>
>> You can test the current ISOs in Virtual Box. Test it and see if
>> everything is clear to follow the install process. Test if you can run
>> it easily in low memory. I installed it in 512 RAM with a 7 Gig HD just
>> fine.
>> I am sure there is much that can be tested but you should install menu
>> to have more of a usable experience.
>> sudo apt-get install menu
>>
>> Though menu isn't quite my favorite thing... and this will need to be
>> improved upon.
>>

>> These are EARLY pre-alpha images, so things will be missing and
>> incomplete and not beautiful, but there are aspects that will give you a
>> good idea what is currently happening, and all that.

Hi,

Ubiquity installer ISO -> 330 MB RAM and 4GB disk
* 256 MB RAM didn't work
* Stuck at stopping early crypto disks when installation ended -> I just rebooted, after that working great
* Internet (wired) was working, Firefox too.
* Memory usage: 64MB

OBI 9w:
* confusing menu items:the option to install Tori should be highlighted by default
* Should I partition before with OBI?
* I get a lot of warnings with the ToriOS OBI 9w installer.
* default password?

All testing was done from VirtualBox.

Kind regards,
Geoffrey De Belie / Smile4ever