Re: Testing ToriOS Pre-Alpha

Hi smile4ever,
[replying inline]

2014-06-11 19:24, Smile4ever skrev:

>>> Hi

>>> Actually there is some testing you can do.
>>> From Nio:
>>>
>>> https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B46yhFQuJvfPZzZ6aThReldScWs&usp=sharing
>>>
>>> You can test the current ISOs in Virtual Box. Test it and see if
>>> everything is clear to follow the install process. Test if you can run
>>> it easily in low memory. I installed it in 512 RAM with a 7 Gig HD just
>>> fine.
>>> I am sure there is much that can be tested but you should install menu
>>> to have more of a usable experience.
>>> sudo apt-get install menu
>>>
>>> Though menu isn't quite my favorite thing... and this will need to be
>>> improved upon.
>>>

>>> These are EARLY pre-alpha images, so things will be missing and
>>> incomplete and not beautiful, but there are aspects that will give you a
>>> good idea what is currently happening, and all that.
>>>

> Hi,
>
> Ubiquity installer ISO -> 330 MB RAM and 4GB disk
> * 256 MB RAM didn't work

Do you mean that it works with 330 MB RAM or more?

> * Stuck at stopping early crypto disks when installation ended -> I just rebooted, after that working great
> * Internet (wired) was working, Firefox too.
> * Memory usage: 64MB
>
> OBI 9w:
> * confusing menu items:the option to install Tori should be highlighted by default

This can be fixed.

> * Should I partition before with OBI?

No and yes :-)

No, if you want to use a whole drive. Then you run at the basic OBI level.

Yes, if you want dual boot (within one drive), and you can use gparted
which is available from the 9w graphical desktop environment. After
partitioning you run the installer at the advanced OBI level.

> * I get a lot of warnings with the ToriOS OBI 9w installer.

What warnings?

> * default password?

user: guru
password: changeme

This can be changed into the OEM installation, where the end user will
be prompted to select user name and password. (Such tarballs exist for
several Ubuntu flavour tarballs.)