Re: Persistent USB image

Hi all,
I agree in both respects.
The target system is something that will freeze up using ubiquity....
however,
our target is also people that want a lightweight environment that is
fairly easy to set up, and is fully customizable.  This would make using
Ubiquity ideal for some people... however,
I have an idea that we could in effect partition the harddrive for the
user based on a few options, and detecting what is already on the
machine (is it Linux, or not?).
Then make a chroot on the computer from stored packages in /var/apt/cache
and install grub2 to it.... and voila.
It could be a simple dialog program that asks a couple of questions, and
runs basically the script we already have to build the Live CD, but uses
/dev/sdX mounted at /mnt/OS as the chroot directory.  it could
potentially link /dev/sdN as the /home of the new system.

Phill, does this seem reasonable?  Am I missing something major in what
I understand here?  This seems like what Ubiquity would be doing in essence.