Re: download fails

On Sun, Jan 8, 2017 at 9:25 AM, Nio Wiklund <nio.wiklund@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Den 2017-01-07 kl. 23:19, skrev Ali Linx (amjjawad):
>
>> Hello Nio,
>>

>> On Fri, Jan 6, 2017 at 7:01 AM, Nio Wiklund <nio.wiklund@xxxxxxxxx
>> <mailto:nio.wiklund@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>>
>>     Den 2017-01-05 kl. 18:22, skrev Nio Wiklund:
>>
>>         Den 2017-01-05 kl. 18:05, skrev George DiceGeorge:
>>
>>             from http://torios.top/download/
>>
>>             [Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at
>>             phillw.net <http://phillw.net>.]
>>
>>             http://phillw.net/isos/torios/ToriOS-1.0.iso
>>             <http://phillw.net/isos/torios/ToriOS-1.0.iso>
>>
>>             [g]
>>
>>             ---
>>             software.
>>

>>         Hi George,
>>
>>         Phill is revamping his server, and it takes time to get the new
>>         setup
>>         running correctly. If you need this iso file,
>>
>>         ToriOS-1.0.iso
>>
>>         we can consider alternatives, for example to create a torrent.
>>
>>         Best regards
>>         Nio
>>

>>     Hi again George and others, who might want ToriOS-1.0.iso,
>>
>>     Temporarily, you can get it via the attached torrent file (if you
>>     get it). Please check the md5sums:
>>
>>     $ md5sum ToriOS-1.0.iso.torrent
>>     3b141e40e78791953f32e7f2d501346c  ToriOS-1.0.iso.torrent
>>
>>     $ md5sum ToriOS-1.0.iso
>>     6758b3099c9650fcb42057c35dc82377  ToriOS-1.0.iso
>>
>>     Let me know if you can receive the attached torrent file, or if some
>>     filter will stop it!
>>

>> For some reason, your torrent didn't work. It's saying I already have
>> the ISO and it started to seed. I changed the location on my computer
>> but I got an error message this time. Something is not right.
>>

>>     Best regards
>>     Nio
>>

>>     --
>>

>> Where else can we host the ISO?!
>>

>> --
>> Remember: "All of us are smarter than any one of us."
>>
>> Best Regards,
>> Ali/amjjawad <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad>
>>

> Hi Ali,

Hi,

> I restarted the torrent in Transmission. Please try again :-)

So, are you hosting the ISO as a torrent file?
Can you teach me how so I can help too? I think the PC must be ON 24/7,
correct? so others can download? someone is seeding and someone else is
downloading, correct?

> Maybe, if you have the iso file such that your torrent client can see it,
> it will be happy, and not start downloading.

I figured that out. However, when I changed the location, it gave me error
message :(

> Best regards
> Nio

I think we need to do the torrent thing correctly. My main priority is to
avoid technical issues.