Re: download fails

Hi Ali,
(bottom posting)
On 01/07/2017 04:24 PM, Ali Linx (amjjawad) wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 8, 2017 at 9:19 AM, Israel <israeldahl@xxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:israeldahl@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Ali,
>     (inlines)
>

> Hi :)
>

>     On 01/07/2017 04:14 PM, Ali Linx (amjjawad) wrote:
>>     Hello everyone and happy new 2017 to all of you ❤
>     Indeed happy new year!
>

> Same goes to you, thanks!
>

>>     ..
>>
>>     For the time being, I have updated the download link with:
>>     https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw-s_t-wO9m6VUVUd2swMWZkaXc/view?usp=sharing
>>     <https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw-s_t-wO9m6VUVUd2swMWZkaXc/view?usp=sharing>
>>
>     Thank you!
>>     ..
>>
>>     Yet again, Phill has failed to inform us BEFORE that.
>>
>     Phill did inform us around Christmas, at least he informed myself
>     and Nio that he would be doing routine work on the server, just in
>     case something went wrong (which it did).  He has kept in contact
>     with everyone who uses his server, and is trying to restore them.
>     Technology (unfortunately) does not always do what we think it will.
>

> No one informed me.
> This is super important and I should have been informed so I can find
> alternatives.
>

>     Why can we not host an ISO on torios.top?
>     Is there a downside to doing that?
>

> When I paid to Kris for the service (hosting websites), he was against
> the idea of hosting an ISO. However, I just sent him a message before
> I reply this email. If he refused, we must find another hosting
> server, service, whatever.
>
> Again, I can't and don't want to take any risk. ToriOS is a well-known
> now.
> We must provide a better service to our users.
>

>     --
>     Regards
>

>     --
>

> --
> Remember: "All of us are smarter than any one of us."
>
> Best Regards,
> Ali/amjjawad <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad>
It is indeed important to inform you about the situation, sorry I did not.
I have been very busy the past few days, my wife is a doula (birth
attendant for midwives, and hospital births) and was at a birth during
two days recently, and our schedule has been very odd since then, trying
to recuperate.
Previously we had the holidays.  It has been quite busy :D
I also forgot that you were not 'in the loop'.

I agree that we should definitely host our ISO on our own site.
That should be the number one spot.

Are there other ISO hosting services for distros?

Universities often carry a mirror, so perhaps someone can talk to their
university?