Re: Making frameworks definitions available through a webservice

On Thu, Jul 3, 2014 at 10:24 AM, Loïc Minier <loic.minier@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Well, that should all be in the chroot; that is, if you're creating Click
> packages against the latest frameworks from a LTS host, you need an
> up-to-date Click, probably debootstrap, and then an up-to-date click chroot
> of utopic. Click is fairly stable and low on dependencies though, so I dont
> expect much more has to be backported. Backports / PPA are for the rare case
> where we're updating packages in some touch-stable series (stable in the
> sense of the system-image channel).

That sounds a bit heavy-weight for the server. At least for now. OTOH,
you already mentioned that it's the ideal scenario and not a
requirement for today  :)

How do you envision this happens?
Each time there's a new framework, there's a script run that creates a
new chroot for that combination?

Separately, I don't think these chroots are aware of what's
deprecated, what's no longer supported, etc. Are they?
We need to have the full history at hand to give developers sensible errors.

--
Martin