Re: Making frameworks definitions available through a webservice

On jueves 3 de julio de 2014 10h'24:51 ART, Loïc Minier wrote:
Well, that should all be in the chroot; that is, if you're creating Click packages against the latest frameworks from a LTS host, you need an up-to-date Click, probably debootstrap, and then an up-to-date click chroot of utopic. Click is fairly stable and low on dependencies though, so I dont expect much more has to be backported. Backports / PPA are for the rare case where we're updating packages in some touch-stable series (stable in the sense of the system-image channel).

This brings in another question; why do opt for debootstrapping a chroot intead of just downloading a tarball for it? It can 'sort' of make sense in the dev versions, but not in a released framework where there is no real change.

I will even go as far to say that even the dev ones should be a static tarball; we will start catching ABI/API breakage much faster this way too.

Cheers
Sergio.