Re: Mentors request queue

Hola,

El mar, 01-12-2009 a las 17:19 -0800, Mike Rooney escribió:
> On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 7:00 AM, C de-Avillez <hggdh2@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hum. This is what I love on working as a group: each of us do not always
> > have the answers (if at all), or we may have a not-so-good one -- and
> > someone in the group jumps in and proposes a different approach/view.
> >
> > Yes, it *is* a good idea, but I just do not know the full impacts.
> >
> > Following on this, ideas on management:
> >
> >  * we would need some two or three managers; this might help provide a
> > faster response time than the one I personally have been able to
> > provide, so far;
> >  * candidates would request membership; upon being accepted by a mentor,
> > membership would be approved (by the accepting mentor? by one of the
> > managers?);
> >  * candidates lose membership at the end of the mentorship -- upon
> > receiving the end-of-mentorship report from the mentor, (one of the
> > managers? the mentor?) does that;
> >  * we would have a mailing list. Posting is restricted to members, but
> > subscription is free. Final reports are sent to the ML.
> >  * as far as I can see, what happens *after* the mentorship is ended is
> > not an issue for the mentors programme. Nevertheless, we will need to
> > clarify it.
>
> Yes, I like this idea as well. We'd just get an email from launchpad
> instead of an email to the bugsquad list. Then we just change the
> documentation to request membership of the group, and make all mentors
> admins of the group who can accept the person as their mentor by
> accepting them into the group.
>
> Then we'd just need some review process of the pending queue to make
> sure people haven't been there too long. Perhaps we could review the
> pending queue at the BugSquad meetings and encourage mentors to join
> the meetings, where they would accept mentees if able.
>
> It sounds like a good process to me, anyway!

That's indeed sounds pretty good, as hggdh said the main problem is the
management issue which i think that process described previously is
going to help a lot to solve. Let's go for it and see how that works,
it's probably going to do it better than our current workflow, If
there's no objection I'll create the group, invite the mentors listed on
the wiki page to it and update the documentation during this week.

Have a nice day!,

pedro.