Re: Mentors request queue

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 4:15 AM, Pedro Villavicencio Garrido
<pedro@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> That's indeed sounds pretty good, as hggdh said the main problem is the
> management issue which i think that process described previously is
> going to help a lot to solve. Let's go for it and see how that works,
> it's probably going to do it better than our current workflow, If
> there's no objection I'll create the group, invite the mentors listed on
> the wiki page to it and update the documentation during this week.

Thanks for setting everything up, I think this will work well. One
nice thing is that it will be very clear which members have already
been accepted because if I go to accept someone as my mentee and
someone else already has, I won't be able to accept them as they have
already joined. In the previous model this would require manually
updating and checking wiki pages and such to work well.

I guess now we just have to figure out how someone can convey
information when applying. Right now, if they have set their location,
a potential mentor can look at their LP profile and see if the
timezone approximately matches up. So in the documentation for
applying (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BugSquad/Mentors, I guess we should
update this for the new LP group process), we should mention to be
sure to set your location so mentors can see this.

I'm just not sure how the person can convey other information such as
areas of interest in this process, besides on their LP profile or wiki
page. It may not be overly crucial, just being able to get a mentor
near your timezone seems quite valuable. Any thoughts?

--
Michael Rooney
mrooney@xxxxxxxxxx