ubuntu-developer-manual team mailing list archive

Re: translation of u-dev-manual

Hi Kevin,

Yes that was it. thanks!

Kyle

On 01/04/2011 01:39 AM, Kevin Godby wrote:
Hello, Kyle.

On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 6:51 PM, Kyle Nitzsche
<kyle.nitzsche@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
I tried this and hit issues. I *think* the issue is that this command
*updates* a pot file, but doesn't generate one. Please correct if wrong.

man po4a shows in the first EXAMPLE that to *generate* the pot file, one may
use po4a-gettextize

when I try this as follows:
     $ po4a-gettextize -f tex -m
/home/knitzsche/src/ubuntu-developer-manual/ubuntu-developer-manual/main.tex
-p boil.pot
     Use of uninitialized value $newfilepath in string eq at
/usr/share/perl5/Locale/Po4a/TeX.pm line 962,<KPSEA>  line 11.
     po4a::tex: Can't find

/home/knitzsche/src/ubuntu-developer-manual/ubuntu-developer-manual
                /main.tex with kpsewhich

I get the kpsewhich error (above).

Does kpsewhich need to know its *engine* (hinted at by 'man kpsewhich')?

Or Is there some env variable needed?
(
Perhaps $TEXINPUTS

As indicated here:
http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Archive/Comp/comp.text.tex/2009-03/msg01203.html
)
This was interesting to troubleshoot.  The problem was that the
main.tex file was trying to \include a backmatter/license.tex file.
Unfortunately, this file didn't exist.  This caused po4a to give a
most unhelpful error message.  I commented out the \include line,
fixed some encoding issues in the glade.tex file, and could
successfully generate the .pot file with the following command:

  po4a-gettextize -v -f latex -m main.tex -p po/ubuntu-developer-manual.pot

--Kevin