ubuntu-developer-manual team mailing list archive

Re: screenshots moved into sibling dir/branch; images-draft branch created; ADD SCREENSHOTS

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 3:57 PM, Kyle Nitzsche
<kyle.nitzsche@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In general, I agree. Makefiles are rather fragile and picky.
>
> If so, would you prefer bash or python?

I'm not picky.  Normally I'd recommend bash as it's more universal
than Python. But since everyone here is writing a book that requires
Python, it's probably just as available.

Most of what we'll be doing is calling out to other programs (xelatex,
sindy, makeglossaries, etc.).  There's some minor parsing involved (of
the langcodes.txt file).  You could just make that a dictionary in
Python, of course.

So <shrug> whichever you guys are most comfortable with.

--Kevin