ubuntu-elisp team mailing list archive

Re: Packaging emacs23 for Ubuntu

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 9:49 AM, Reinhard Tartler <siretart@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> To be honest, I'm not sure. Probably it would indeed be most safe to go
> then via option b), or just leave it as quilt patch.

I'll stick with the quilt patch for now.

The problem with (b) is that it is nontrivial to copy those files and
then later remove them during the build process, and nontrivial to
even populate/update the directory in the first place.  When working
on the initial version of the package, I started down that road (due
to trying to keep the compiled info files, which I later gave up on),
but it become increasingly complicated.

--
Michael Olson  ||  http://mwolson.org/
Projects: Emacs, Muse, ERC, EMMS