Co-Founder / Chief of Development

Veridian Enterprises, LLC

myles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On 2013-02-18 13:55, Bruno Girin
wrote:

> On 18/02/13 17:51, Myles Hathcock wrote:
>
>> 1) It does,
but does a relatively shoddy job of staying organized, and is heavily
tied to the GObject system. This is generally a decent design, but we
have elected (in the prevalence of Qt) to design the exchange backend
using C++ and the new features introduced in TR 2011. It will, however,
not use any Qt libraries until it is ready to be tied to the uPhone
UI.

> At least it can be used as a reference implementation for the
protocol I
> suppose.
>
>> 2) It's not a small task at all, however we
love the uPhone, and its worth it to us to invest the time and effort
into an enterprise quality exchange client.

> Absolutely! Especially
if that can make it in Ubuntu desktop as a plugin
> for other email
clients at some point as Exchange integration is an
> absolute must-have
for a lot of large organisations.

> Is the long term intention to
also support integration for calendar and PIM?