Re: Tethering and Overclocking?

hi,
Am Sonntag, den 03.03.2013, 02:17 -0500 schrieb Daniel Clem:
> So in closing, I feel that clock speed contol should not be a GUI
> default app. But should include a simple terminal control with great
> documentation so power users or app devs can easily take advantage of
> them.

you all seem to forget that your user space is a standard ubuntu ;)

an interface to control your CPU is provided by the kernel through
sysfs, you just need to write the right values to it from a self written
script (i bet there are tons out there that you could just adapt) or
through one of the already existing apps in the ubuntu archive ...

the kernel feature managing your clock speed is called "cpufreq" (we use
the interactive governor by default on the images) ...

so a simple:

apt-cache search cpufreq

... should already give you a bunch of tools .... there also seems to be
an indicator-cpufreq package, that might even be the GUI tool you look
for (no idea if it works on the phablet UI or with the interactive
governor yet, but if it doesnt, just file a whishlist bug on launchpad
so the devs are aware (and they will surely fix it))...

ciao
	oli