Re: Addressing the lack of Trademark License for YouTube, Twitter and Facebook Core Apps

Dear Octavian

I understand your argument, but if done correctly all these services would be in there in an acceptable way with a little thought on workflow.

Ubuntu will probably be most accepted in places like China where none of these core services apps are used (allowed)  anyway.
Facebook is not the biggest social network in the world, QQ in china is almost twice as big.

If I ruled the world….

Phone owner contact entry in the contact address book would be where I would define all the login details.
So

User AGM
Photo.
Phone, Email, Skype, ICQ, Linkedin , QQ, Wechat, SIP, OSTEL, Securecloud, Silentcircle, PGP etc etc etc
Then put an icon beside each service defined.
When you sync you end up with all users showing what services they are on and with presence.

It has the advantage of being a single data object to protect (encrypt passwords etc)

Now when a message comes in it goes to the Messages UI (which is unified anyway) and when you press the message it will know how to send back the reply and the interface that comes up is based on what service is being expected..

Cant we use XML  or mobile html or something suitable ? I am avoiding saying HTML5 like what firefox OS proposes to solve these issues.

I think just adding "apps" just means it all ends up like an android phone and misses the point of the workflow of the phone concept.

All the "apps" would be in there, just presented in a different way.

Video from you tube would again just be a social feed, then you can do the same for news feeds etc.

-