Re: Addressing the lack of Trademark License for YouTube, Twitter and Facebook Core Apps

On 03/19/2013 12:38 PM, Alan Miller wrote:
Ubuntu will probably be most accepted in places like China where none of
these core services apps are used (allowed)  anyway.
Facebook is not the biggest social network in the world, QQ in china is
almost twice as big.

This might be true. I can't comment on that.

Cant we use XML or mobile html or something suitable ? I am avoiding
saying HTML5 like what firefox OS proposes to solve these issues.

Not sure why you avoid saying HTML5. Ubuntu Touch will have HTML5 apps as well. HTML5 is not a FirefoxOS bound term.

Also, I don't quite understand what you meant there. What would you want to do with XML?

I think just adding "apps" just means it all ends up like an android
phone and misses the point of the workflow of the phone concept.

All the "apps" would be in there, just presented in a different way.

There's no point missed. That's just personal preference. Some argue that a Swiss army knife is great others argue that a scalpel is better.

In the end it all boils down to meeting user expectations and discoverability.

--
Octavian Damiean

Launchpad: https://launchpad.net/~mainerror
Stack Overflow: http://stackoverflow.com/u/418183