Re: [Development] Newbie troubles: No valid kits found

On 08/16/2013 10:46 AM, Kevin Cole wrote:
> I forgot to mention that I too went digging around for any files in my
> home directory that smelled of either Ubuntu SDK or QT configuration
> and deleted them -- though being new to this, it's quite possible I
> missed something.  And tried a purge / re-install cycle of the SDK
> packages.  No joy. I DIDN'T try a VM or new user, though I've been
> thinking "maybe if I have some time"...
>
> FYI, though probably irrelevant: In June I saw Jono's 41-minute
> "quickly" tutorial, and tried that.  It worked exactly as described in
> the video.  I don't know if the SDK uses any of the same components,
> but the fact that quickly worked may eliminate some theories about
> what might be missing from my system.

There was a similar problem some time back as described here:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/259719/qt-quick-ui-templates-missing-from-qt-creators-new-file-or-project-dialog

There are two potential fixes described. You may need to do what Timo
said, shut down qtc and
 rm -r .config/Trolltech.conf .config/Qt* .config/Nokia*
And you should see something like  "Qt 5.0.2 in PATH (System)
/usr/bin/qmake" in options>tools>build&run

Pat