Re: camera-app vs. webbrowser-app autopilot dependencies

Le 21/10/2013 17:12, Olivier Tilloy a écrit :
On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 4:55 PM, Jamie Strandboge <jamie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

On 10/21/2013 05:58 AM, Olivier Tilloy wrote:

On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 12:46 PM, Omer Akram <omer.akram@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:omer.akram@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

     Hello!

     webbrowser-app-autopilot depends on ubuntu-ui-toolkit-autopilot which
     provides reusable emulators(helpers) to easily interact with
different
     components of the ubuntu-ui-toolkit while writing autopilot tests.
The
     dependencies come from there. Many other apps depend
     on ubuntu-ui-toolkit-autopilot as well.

That’s correct. And I should add that most applications’ autopilot tests
should
use the standard emulators provided by the SDK, and thus their -autopilot
package should depend on ubuntu-ui-toolkit-autopilot.

     Some packaging expert will need to look at
ubuntu-ui-toolkit-autopilot and
     see if we can do some packaging changes there to reduce the deps.

Note that ubuntu-ui-toolkit-autopilot depends on dpkg-dev, which pulls
in a lot
of build dependencies, such as make and perl. This is because the
emulators rely
on dpkg-architecture to locate qmlscene.
Maybe there’s a simpler way to achieve this, and we could get rid of the
dependency on dpkg-dev?

If dpkg-architecture is the only thing pulling in dpkg-dev, just use this
instead:
dpkg --print-architecture

What the emulators do to determine where the qmlscene binary is is to
invoke:

     dpkg-architecture -qDEB_HOST_MULTIARCH

(see
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-sdk-team/ubuntu-ui-toolkit/trunk/view/head:/tests/autopilot/ubuntuuitoolkit/base.py#L28
).

This is different from what `dpkg --print-architecture` returns.
I think you can do

ARCH ?= $(shell dpkg --print-architecture)
DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH="${ARCH}-linux-gnu"

At least that's what I had in a rules file for 12.04, where dpkg-architecture was not available if I remember well.

David