Re: New Landing Plan format!

On 18/12/13 10:46, Ricardo Salveti de Araujo wrote:
On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 11:29 AM, Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak
<lukasz.zemczak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi guys,

First of all: as per the other e-mail, we still don't have a better tool
;) As Alexander mentioned, this transition was not planned ahead and
synced with anyone, so for now we're still stuck with the spreadsheet.

The topic of 'who can add requests' needs to be discussed through then.
I understand the problem with having to poke a manager just to get
things landed, but I want to make sure there won't be no chaos if just
anyone can fill in a landing proposition. I'm not saying there will be
chaos and destruction ;)! Just being cautious.
Sure, but let's try to open it first and see how it goes, in case of
chaos, we can move back to depend on a manager.

Let's always try to be more open and friendly until something bad
happens that could be enough to justify such restrictions.

If it comes to it, can't submission (bug creation be open) but the ack of the bug be conviened by the landing team with the managers?

Personally, I feel that the latter part of manager intervention should only be necessary for controversial packages; controversial: non daily release or automated no testing or big dependency chained rebuild required landings).

And here's a long shot... If managers have to know every nitty bitty gritty detail of what I want to land, that's just another fancy way of saying micro management.