Re: Landing team 14.03.14

Hi David,

On Sun, Mar 16, 2014 at 2:42 AM, David Marceau
<uticdmarceau2007@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I tried to install directly on my Nexus 4, emacs and ubuntu-sdk plus a
> few other go-qml dependencies and ran out of space.  I have attached all
> the details.

Are you sure you don't want to use desktop to develop (ie install
ubuntu-sdk there) and just deploy ready apps to the phone?

But yes, it's possible to develop directly on the device too. However,
I suggest not installing 'ubuntu-sdk' in that case, since it among
else installs the Qt Creator (which you won't use on the phone), a lot
of documentation and so on. Instead, there's 'ubuntu-sdk-libs-dev'
that installs development libraries on the device but still less than
the ubuntu-sdk itself.

> How do I delete any downloaded update file?

If you try to get space back, I'd go with the following commands in
adb shell to clean up the downloaded packages cache and remove the
mentioned Qt Creator and documentation packages at least:

apt-get clean
apt-get autoremove --purge qtcreator qt.*-doc

-Timo