Re: Ethernet through USB

El día Tuesday, March 31, 2015 a las 10:28:22AM +0200, Oliver Grawert escribió:

> > How can I set it as default to rndis enabled?
>
> you cant, it is hardcoded on boot to always have working mtp (until
> there is a UI option to turn it on or off, we want regular users to
> always be able to exchange files), but you can override it in a user
> upstart job that runs at a later point ...
>
> create /home/phablet/.config/upstart/rndis.conf with the following
> content:
> --------------- snip ------------------

Oliver,

First of all, thank you for all your support. I'm highly impressed from
the device and from the mind of the people behind the device.

I did what you suggested, and after reboot the rndis0 is there. But no
IP addr is assigned to it (not even after 10 minutes):

$ ifconfig rndis0
rndis0    Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr b6:8a:81:35:b3:8b
          inet6 addr: fe80::b48a:81ff:fe35:b38b/64 Scope:Link
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
          RX bytes:0 (0.0 B)  TX bytes:13510 (13.5 KB)

and ofc, DHCP on my side get no IP too.

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz, guru@xxxxxxxxxxx, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-170-4527211
"Wenn der Mensch von den Umständen gebildet wird, so muß man die Umstände menschlich bilden."