Re: Ethernet through USB

El día Tuesday, March 31, 2015 a las 02:31:40PM +0200, Oliver Grawert escribió:

> > I did what you suggested, and after reboot the rndis0 is there. But no
> > IP addr is assigned to it (not even after 10 minutes):
> >
> hmm, is that the default image, only upgraded ? or did you switch the
> device to the development channel ?

Hi,

My phone arrived on Saturday from BQ and did by its own an update some
hours later to r20.

> it definitely works for me with the upgraded default install the phone
> is shipped with, i know there were some larger changes in network
> manager in vivid that might require some code adjustments in the setup
> script, so i currently cant guarantee it works on any of the vivid/15.04
> images.

I tried to modify your script to:

script
    android-gadget-service enable rndis
    ifconfig rndis0 inet 10.42.0.1 netmask 255.255.255.0
end script

but this does not help; when I remove the file and enable rndis with the
above command from the shell (connected via Wifi SSH), some minutes
later the interface has an IP addr.

Should I file a bug issue?

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz, guru@xxxxxxxxxxx, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-170-4527211
"Wenn der Mensch von den Umständen gebildet wird, so muß man die Umstände menschlich bilden."