Re: GPS problems on bq Aquaris

A less intrusive way is to run:

ubuntu-location-serviced-cli --bus system --get --property
visible_space_vehicles

which gives you all the visible gps satellites:

Visible space vehicles:
(type: gps, prn: 2, snr: 0, has_almanac_data: 0, has_ephimeris_data:
0, used_in_fix: 0, azimuth: 23 deg, elevation: 235 deg)
(type: gps, prn: 5, snr: 0, has_almanac_data: 0, has_ephimeris_data:
0, used_in_fix: 0, azimuth: 54 deg, elevation: 291 deg)
(type: gps, prn: 6, snr: 0, has_almanac_data: 0, has_ephimeris_data:
0, used_in_fix: 0, azimuth: 1 deg, elevation: 197 deg)
(type: gps, prn: 7, snr: 0, has_almanac_data: 0, has_ephimeris_data:
0, used_in_fix: 0, azimuth: 61 deg, elevation: 69 deg)
(type: gps, prn: 9, snr: 0, has_almanac_data: 0, has_ephimeris_data:
0, used_in_fix: 0, azimuth: 28 deg, elevation: 91 deg)
(type: gps, prn: 10, snr: 0, has_almanac_data: 0, has_ephimeris_data:
0, used_in_fix: 0, azimuth: 49 deg, elevation: 161 deg)
(type: gps, prn: 13, snr: 0, has_almanac_data: 0, has_ephimeris_data:
0, used_in_fix: 0, azimuth: 27 deg, elevation: 272 deg)
(type: gps, prn: 16, snr: 0, has_almanac_data: 0, has_ephimeris_data:
0, used_in_fix: 0, azimuth: 7 deg, elevation: 23 deg)
(type: gps, prn: 20, snr: 0, has_almanac_data: 0, has_ephimeris_data:
0, used_in_fix: 0, azimuth: 65 deg, elevation: 199 deg)
(type: gps, prn: 28, snr: 0, has_almanac_data: 0, has_ephimeris_data:
0, used_in_fix: 0, azimuth: 11 deg, elevation: 155 deg)
(type: gps, prn: 30, snr: 0, has_almanac_data: 0, has_ephimeris_data:
0, used_in_fix: 0, azimuth: 73 deg, elevation: 163 deg)

In addition, you could also run a standalone, cli-based gps test case
(please note that you need to restart your device after having run
it):

  phablet@ubuntu-phablet:~$ sudo GLOG_v=1000 GLOG_logtostderr=1
ubuntu-location-serviced-cli --bus system --test

The test will try to acquire a fix from GPS only 3 times from cold
start, and print out diagnostics together with a summary containing
the mean/std.dev. of time to first fix. You will receive example
output like: http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/10729507/

Hope that helps,

  Thomas