Re: bq Aquaris E4.5: GPS doesn't work

On 04/26/15 06:20, Thomas Voß wrote:
Hey all,

thanks for the great script, I will make sure that we fold the color
coding capabilities into the client executable of the location
service.
As far as I can see, "green" indicates that the snr exceeds a certain
threshold (11 in the awk script). While snr is an interesting value,
the more interesting information is "used_in_fix", "has_almanac_data"
and "has_ephimeris_data". Even if multiple satellites are visible
(with a sensible snr), only
those for which almanac and ephimeris data is known are considered for
calcucating the fix. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_to_first_fix
provides a good overview.

With that, green should probably refer to satellites that have
"used_in_fix" set to 1.

The theoretical minimum for a first fix after cold start is 12.5
minutes, which is rarely the case and ttf usually takes longer in cold
start scenarios.
We take multiple measures to minimize this time, but it seems like we
are experiencing issues in doing so. It would be really helpful if you
could provide the output of:

     sudo GLOG_v=1000 GLOG_logtostderr=1 ubuntu-location-serviced-cli
--bus system --test

Feel free to share privately with me as the logs would reveal your
position. Source for the test is in [1].
Please note that you should restart your device after the test has
been completed.

Thanks a lot & once again thanks for the scripts,

   Thomas

[1] http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~phablet-team/location-service/trunk/view/head:/src/location_service/com/ubuntu/location/service/runtime_tests.cpp#L74