Re: bq Aquaris E4.5: GPS doesn't work

Hi Thomas,

On 26.04.2015 06:20, Thomas Voß wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> thanks for the great script, I will make sure that we fold the color
> coding capabilities into the client executable of the location
> service.
> As far as I can see, "green" indicates that the snr exceeds a certain
> threshold (11 in the awk script). While snr is an interesting value,
> the more interesting information is "used_in_fix", "has_almanac_data"
> and "has_ephimeris_data". Even if multiple satellites are visible
> (with a sensible snr), only
> those for which almanac and ephimeris data is known are considered for
> calcucating the fix. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_to_first_fix
> provides a good overview.
>
> With that, green should probably refer to satellites that have
> "used_in_fix" set to 1.
>
> The theoretical minimum for a first fix after cold start is 12.5
> minutes, which is rarely the case and ttf usually takes longer in cold
> start scenarios.
> We take multiple measures to minimize this time, but it seems like we
> are experiencing issues in doing so. It would be really helpful if you
> could provide the output of:
>
>     sudo GLOG_v=1000 GLOG_logtostderr=1 ubuntu-location-serviced-cli
> --bus system --test
>
> Feel free to share privately with me as the logs would reveal your
> position. Source for the test is in [1].
> Please note that you should restart your device after the test has
> been completed.

Is there a way to directly talk to the location-service via D-Bus from
within a confined app? And if yes, what would the calls look like? I tried

dbus-send --print-reply --type=method_call --system
--dest=com.ubuntu.location.Service /com/ubuntu/location/Service
org.freedesktop.DBus.Introspectable.Introspect

on the phone but it just gives me an empty list of methods to call.

I have to say that I'm not that good with D-Bus though :/

kind regards,
Simon