Re: bq Aquaris E4.5: GPS doesn't work

><SNIP><
Hi, Is there a way to read data from the GPS sensor itself? ubuntu-location-serviced-cli must be getting its data from somewhere Yesterday it had no satellites in sight, despite all location services set to on. And after i left it on overnight, in front of a window, it still had no satellites in sight. If i encounter the same problem again, i'll send you the logs, for now it is working again, after switching off and on all location services. The values in the awk file are pure guessing, no logic there :-)
11 = good reception  = Green
< 11 = poor reception   = Blue
<   1 = No reception     = Red

If you know better values for good and poor, please let me know.

I would propose to mark all satellites with
"have_almanac_data"/"have_ephimeris_data" as green, yellow for
satellites without that data with reasonable snr, and red for any
other reported satellite.

Cheers,

   Thomas
Hi Thomas,

Sounds like a good idea, but:
I *never* have seen a satellite which had almanac data, ephimeris data, or was used in fix. Even when "Here" is working fine and the Sensor app is showing accurate time and lat long coordinates.

Can a few people try and run:
ubuntu-location-serviced-cli --bus system --get --property visible_space_vehicles from the commandline?
( after "Here" and/or the SensorStatus app are showing reasonable results )

And post the result if they do/don't have one or more of the following set:
has_almanac_data:
has_ephimeris_data:
used_in_fix:

I can't help but wondering if there is a difference between what the apps are using and what ubuntu-location-serviced-cli is showing.

Kind regards,
Ed