Re: Bootloop after installing OTA4

On Tue, 16 Jun 2015, John McAleely wrote:

Simos beat me to it. you can grab the recovery image from the 'device
tarball' for ota-4, simply untar, and look in the partitions folder.

Thanks to both of you, that worked perfectly. My phone is fully operational
again and all my personal data preserved.

I've opened this bug:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/canonical-devices-system-image/+bug/1465660

to see if we gather other reports of this issue.

As described in the comment I added to the bug description just a few minutes
ago, I tinkered with the system in some ways to get a working debian chroot. But
I did not receive a warning of any kind while doing so. If running apt-get broke
the update, an appropriate warning should be issued when the user tries to
execute that command, IMHO. I will add an appropriate bug if I can find none so
that the developers can decide whether that's a good suggestion or not.

Cheers,
Torsten