Re: Debian Chroot, was: Re: Bootloop after installing OTA4

On Tue, 2015-06-16 at 14:48 +0100, Chris Croome wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Tue 16-Jun-2015 at 03:44:36PM +0200, Torsten Sachse wrote:
> >
> > I tinkered with the system in some ways to get a working debian chroot.
>
> Did you succeed? If you did is there any change you could document what
> you did?

If you want a chroot where you can run some command line tools which are
not installed on the phone by default, you can simply download a tarball
of an armhf preinstalled image, and unpack it under ~/debian-chroot or
similar, then simply run "sudo chroot ." in that directory.

You may have problems running chroot from within the Terminal app
though, as it seems to be blocked from executing the shell in the chroot
for some reason. It works perfectly fine over phablet-shell though.