ubuntu phone experience

I bought a BQ on the second flash sale and seen the progress, but the few problems it holds which somebody must be able to take control of is what everybody wants, IE facebook, google notifications, skype or some kind of video / conference type interface, instagram and a owncloud or some kind of document sync. The upgrades have been good but the last OTA update seemed to have killed the experience for me and made my phone just hard to use and just a bad experience messaging being unusable and the phone just generally being slow. I can see the videos of people running native ubuntu apps IE firefox, chrome. I can only think that there must be some way of somebody managing this and building some kind of container that you can install and run some native apps and maybe take control of getting on to the big companies like intagram and skype to get some kind of feedback to see if they will make the packages or at least say yes or no then pursuing making a open source version etc. The last worrying part is, i bought a BQ ubuntu 4.5, ok a accident happens and we dropped one cracking the screen, the screen isnt available on ebay like most screens to replace yourself or by a local phone company. After contacting BQ.. the replacement is 89 euro, then 20 euro for shipping with no gurantee. A new phone of the same version is around 140 euro. 30 euro more.

so bad performance, lack of apps and easy cost effective replacements makes me wonder what the hell im doing. Im a life long hardened linux fan and loved the idea of the ubuntu phone but its not going the way i hoped.

ill probably buy a new ubuntu phone to replace the broken one and stick with the phone and struggle without notifications and the apps that i would like and hope that somebody actually takes on these major flaws.......

No offense intended, its just blowing of steam I guess? - Thoughts please...........

Regards

Wayne Ward