Re: Circle on the lock-screen

What?? As the person Oliver replied to I had no feeling whatsoever that I was being told my ideas were BS. Canonical and the individuals who work there can do what they like with their time and efforts and can prioritise things however they like. It appears that their essential priority items are matching the stuff that the other mobile platforms can already do - which is logical in some respects. My priority items would be anything that the other mobile platforms *don't* do. I am keen that the phone should have a unique value proposition, but Canonical want it to be familiar to the existing market of smartphone users. That is fine, we disagree, neither strategic direction is BS. It is their phone, so they get to choose, and saying some variant of "patches welcome" is always good and never bad (as long as patches actually *are* welcome).

Alan.