Re: Ubuntu Touch and Smart Watches

On 31/12/15 18:27, Michael Zanetti wrote:
I would be really surprised if AndroidWear would only use Profiles
specced by the Bluetooth SIG. AFAICS there is not too much except the
notification and heart rate stuff in the standard. All the goodies like
watchapp/watchface management and even things like step counter, sleep
monitors etc are not part of the Bluetooth spec and so it has to be
something custom or at least something not standardized yet.
So what does all this mean in practical terms? After OTA9 can I expect to be able to dial on the watch, answer calls and have the audio route to where it should automatically?