Re: GPS/location and other background processing

so, if I ensure my phone has current location by running a maps application that continuously updates, then close that, and drive a few miles, get out and chill for a while, giving the phone plenty of time to get it's act together, then take some photos, then visit http://www.where-am-i.net/ all the photos are geotagged incorrectly and the browser is handed out a position of somewhere I am not, and have not been for some time. Refreshing the browser doesn't appear to do much, even though it has handed out a dreadful location it doesn't start doing anything about improving matters for the next request. It seems it only looks at the sky when you run an application that subscribes for updates, you can request your position as much as you like and it will not be prompted to get an actual fix.

Is this the intended behavior? You have to visit Google maps in the browser or run OSMtouch and wait before taking any photos you want geotagged with a reasonable position?

Alan.