Re: Difficulty Sending Messages to this List (was Re: (no subject)

On 20/03/2559 00:01, Filip Dorosz wrote:
Exactly. In my expirence gmail nowadays tend to treat everything that's not gmail as spam (perhaps, he is being racist?).
The best solution is simple: change your provider or use your own server.

Regards,
Filip Dorosz

I think that's not the case. The actual problem in my mind is that nowadays mail providers starts to implement anti-spam techniques that ensures that e-mail from a domain must be sent by that domain's mail server. (Search SPF record or DKIM.) The problem is, this mailing list sends e-mail from it's mail server but use sender's e-mail address in "To" field. Of course, some random mail server isn't supposed to send e-mail claiming to be form dozens of domains, but the mailing list's mail server is doing *exactly that*. I think that makes Gmail thinks that mailing list's mail server is a spammer trying to hide true origin of sender.

I really don't know what's the best practice for this problem. It seems like mailing lists should send e-mails using it's own e-mail address. But that will makes information about the original sender disappear. Could someone running Launchpad's mailing list system have a look at this problem?

By the way, I run a domain with a mail server. By implementing a technique above, Gmail stop flagging my e-mail as suspicious. So, I'm sure Gmail isn't racist in this case.

Ratchanan Srirattanamet.