Re: [Design]: Color changes in OTA 10

I started a few discussions about this thing when the new colors and
indicator panel landed in rc-proposed and I don't think anyone really likes
the new design direction.

Someone from ubuntu then said that it was just a bug but it doesn't seem so
right now. Also if they had to change the colour from that beautiful
orange, why in the world have they chosen blue?? Blue is the most generic
color there is!

Also they say that it's just for focusing selection or something but I see
blue now as a dominant color. There is more "WINDOWS" blue then the
"UBUNTU" orange. Don't even let me start about the launcher color change
from black to gray. Why? Just why? Everything was fine, and everyone loved
the colors from which some become iconic like ubuntu orange and purple. And
now instead of making clock app design more clear and visible they change
the colour palette and bring blue as dominant color.

They should be designing more and better elements for apps and app
developers. May I just ask why are all apps white and plain?

Also there is the clock app. How are we supposed to see that clock?? It's
so weird that I can't even describe it. Sure it looks cool when you really
think about it but it's not useable nonetheless. On a sunny day you can't
see anything. Same goes for the indicator panel. The colours were better
when it had the orange line on the bottom. I could live with the orange
line but hardly with gray indicator icons on a gray background.