Re: Pokemon Go

El viernes, 15 de julio de 2016 10h'02:57 ART, Dave Morley <davmor2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> escribió:
On Fri, 15 Jul 2016 13:43:32 +0100
Alan Bell <alanbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 15/07/16 13:00, Tomas Öqvist wrote:
>> > How much of the location problem is actually software related? I
> used a Bq Aquaris E4.5 for over a year and I agree that the
> location service was useless 99% of the time. I am now using a Pro
> 5, and the location service on this phone is working much better,
> i.e. it is usually able to get a correct location within seconds.
> It may require a couple of updates in the Today scope before
> finding the correct city, but with uNav and Here Maps it works more
> or less as expected. map applications work OK for me on the BQ, I still object to having
to wait for my phone (and I have to know where I am to the extent
that I know the phone is wrong and I should wait a bit more) rather
than it having sorted it's stuff out in the background and knowing
it's rough location before I want to know where I am, but this isn't
about maps applications. Those subscribe to updates and are expecting
you to move, but other things that just want to know where you are
right now, and location services just flings random old locations at
them and then fails to wake up the GPS to have a slightly better
answer to give next time it is asked.

Alan.

Alan your logic seems to be flawed, I get gps on google maps in the
browser, as do I in here maps web app and unav, so the issue is why you
don't.  There is an old bug for location on mtk chips which basically
means the system doesn't know the status of the gps hardware a reboot
fixes that, but that only tend to happen on first boots after upgrades
or fresh flashes.

Hey Dave. The test case here is:

- turn phone on
- check the weather
- travel to a sprint
- check the weather again

You might expect to see the weather for the destination and nit from where your trip started. For the test to be good, don't open any mapping applications such as uNav, Google Maps or Here Maps, etc.

--
Enviado con Dekko desde mi dispositivo Ubuntu