ubuntu-tv team mailing list archive

Re: Some basic ideas for Ubuntu TV.

> There are more reasons why I want to have different users. For instance, you> should be able to pause whatever it is you're playing, go away, let others> use the TV, and when you come back, you just press play.
That is a good point, but there are better ways of managing content
other than logging in to your TV.

You can manage pause and resume through an Ubuntu One Sync (Sync video
and playback position to the cloud, and retrieve it when you're
ready). This can all be controlled through the device you "attach" to
the TV for your session.

For extending the use of small screen devices like netbooks and
tablets, what about providing a simple VNC-like virtual desktop app?
It's unlikely you'll want to browse the internet and watch TV at the
same time, and even if you do, PiP is a better way to do that.