ubuntu-tv team mailing list archive

Re: Some basic ideas for Ubuntu TV.

Den 28. nov. 2011 22:50, skrev Chris:
Now we're talking. And when it's paired to such a device (e.g. a netbook) then you might use it as a desktop enlarger. But please make some storyboards, that way we have comparisons and makes it easier to collaborate the different ideas into 1.

It's ready for use now. If you have a desktop and a laptop which are both connected to a network, then you can start using your laptop as a mouse and keyboard for your desktop right now. Just install quicksynergy on your laptop and desktop. Set your desktop to connect to your laptop and click use. On the laptop, set it to accept connections from the desktop and click use.

Now, when you move your mouse pointer off the laptops screen, it will continue onto the desktops screen. The keyboard is used on whichever screen the mouse pointer is on. Real nice.

This would only have to be configured once per user of the big screen. It would then be stored, and whenever you logged onto the big screen, it would start trying to connect to your laptop.

Jo-Erlend Schinstad