ubuntu-tv team mailing list archive

Re: Some basic ideas for Ubuntu TV.

I'm not going to argue with that; using a TV for more than video is in
idea I already enjoy, and one that I would expect from a complete
Ubuntu TV implementation. However, having two modes (One for TV and
one fr a full desktop) is a bad idea. Instead, how about taking a hint
from other Smart TV OSs and use multiple Apps to do different things.
You could have games as apps, TV as an app, possibly movies as an app,
and a basic web browser too. There simply isn't any reason to have
switching modes, when paradigms already exist for this very thing.