ubuntu-tv team mailing list archive

Re: Some basic ideas for Ubuntu TV.

> How is that? Ubuntu Desktop doesn't provide a very good TV experience by> default. If I want to send an email while watching TV, why should I have to> replace the operating system in order to do so?

I don't think TVs are the best devices to send email from. I already
have a computer that is perfectly tailored to do everything I want to
do on a computer. I don't need another one. I'd rather be able to
easily transition to the computer to write the email, then easily
transition back to the TV.

> Ok. It's not like I haven't used those kinds of systems before, you know.
> They've been around for a while. You do agree that Ubuntu TV has to be an
> extension of Ubuntu Desktop, though?

No. Ubuntu TV should be a separate product that integrates with Ubuntu
Desktop well. It should not have anything to do with the traditional
desktop metaphor, because TVs are not desktops. They're TVs, a
different device intended to serve a different purpose.